Steppingstone’s First Step Inn is the primary emergency and transitional shelter for homeless individuals in Fall River, Massachusetts. The shelter provides 20 beds year round and an additional 30 beds in cold weather months. The First Step Inn is more than a place to sleep for those in need.
Case management services offered at the First Step Inn connect consumers with housing, employment, mainstream resources, primary and behavioral healthcare, and an array of other services. Consumers are assisted with locating and securing permanent housing and have access to wraparound supports to ensure continued stability.
These comprehensive supportive services are offered in a safe, comfortable environment and enable guests to successfully transition into the community so they can experience housing stability and an improved quality of life.
- Food and nutritional assistance
- Safe and secure sleeping environment
- Comprehensive case management
- Housing placement assistance
- Psycho-educational groups
- Assistance with applications for mainstream resources
- Crisis intervention
- Various on-site meetings such as AA, NA etc.
- Residential substance abuse treatment access
- Outpatient substance abuse treatment access
- Coordination of emergency and long term psychiatric care
- Referrals to community based collateral services, educational development, medical care, domestic violence support, and other forms of assistance
- Discharge and aftercare planning
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health Bureau of Substance Addiction Services
- Fall River Community Development Agency
- Private Contributions
- Proceeds from our Get Steppin’ Walk
- 18 years of age or older
- Homeless or chronically homeless in the City of Fall River
- Willing to submit to safety search upon admission
- Must meet HUD’s income guidelines
- Willing to authorize a CORI check, CORI report must be without warrants
- Medically and psychologically stabilized
- A picture ID is required