Steppingstone Inc. Projects
Focused Achievements in Housing & Recovery
Project FAIHR, Focused Achievements in Housing and Recovery, has been serving homeless individuals and families in Fall River and New Bedford Massachusetts since 2014. FAIHR provides an integrated team of case managers and mental health professionals who work with homeless persons with moderate to severe mental health disorders and co-occurring substance use disorders.
Project FAIHR reaches approximately 100 people per year with the goal of helping them achieve recovery from substance use and assisting them with obtaining and retaining permanent housing. FAIHR focuses on reducing homelessness through advocacy, education and coordination of treatment and services.
The clinical team assists each consumer in developing an individualized service plan that aligns with his or her own goals and aspirations. As a result, consumers experience improved mental health and daily functioning.
- Case management, including development of individual recovery plans
- Trauma-informed support groups
- Substance use and mental health screenings and interventions
- Treatment for substance abuse and mental health disorders including integrated treatment
and medication prescribing and management
- Peer recovery support
- Motivational interviewing
- Housing placement and stabilization services
- Assistance obtaining income and mainstream resource benefits
- Referrals to employment and educational providers
- Educational groups such as financial literacy and daily living skills
- Primary health and dental care referral
- 18 years of age or older & at-risk
- Homeless or chronically homeless in Fall River or New Bedford
- A mental health disorder or co-occurring mental health and substance use disorder